27 March 2013

I know what it is to be ....



I know a wonderful thing.

I know that foolish excitement, just anticipating being together. Idling over every detail and warmed with every thought.

I know the mixture of embarrassed adoration and heady merriment at the slightest banter.

I know the mirrored gazes of wonder and wordless desire to reach out and to know one another more fully.

I know the quiet contentment of being nearby.

I know the shock of understanding, once more, the reality of it.

I know the splashes of teasing and the fluttering responses of fondness and mockery, blustering and blushing, glowing and devotion.

I know sweet affection and warmth of holding.

I know the endless joys of conversation, lingering and straying afar, returning and vying, creating and reshaping, challenging and transforming, and always with places left to investigate another time.

I know the .... I even... I.... know the....

I even... know... the sound of his voice saying .... "Tell me, I want to know. I love you and I want to help you."

I... even know the searching look, the shape of his eyes as he tries to find me, to pull me back out from where I have purposefully sunk into the asphalt lake.

I know the certainty and the pleading, the concern and the demand that I not let go.

I know the feeling of myself dissolving. Dissolving into nothingness, and later again dissolving, this time from the void back into being myself. I know the return of feeling and the comfort of being nestled in his arms. The exhausted safety and the reassurance of home from his presence and his attentiveness.

I know the confusion and unbearable sweetness that a few typed characters can drive me to. I know the way the late night sentiments, sent silently to me, can leave me in hopeless ardor.

I know the bond of caring for things that are beautiful
and it is clear to me the beauty in him and the beauty he causes in me.

I know beauty and understanding and clarity and laughter and warmth and dreams and sharing and felt truth and...

and we love... we love each other... we love life together... we love....

we love....







______________________________________________
(ahhh, my sweet, my muni, my love....!)

No comments:

Post a Comment