10 April 2015

To Harbor

Can you tell why I break though?

Shatter into little brilliant glittering ice and water,
too beautiful to be real, the sun in every droplet and shard

Can you, when I throw myself to a swallow's death
     (because the world asked it passingly)
     (and it watches as I fall to lifelessness)
     (surprised, but uncomprehending)

broken body broken wing broken mind broken heart
He once said - I love too much to stand this world

And as I lay (with my broken breathing) I
     look to the world and I plead that it see

That it know what hope is
That it know what devotion is
That it know what idealism is
that it know what what to love is
     and respond to my wretchedness

     And I straighten myself, and I prepare myself, and I shape myself
To stand
To burn
To crystallize
To radiate

     To keep the dream existing here
     in me, in anywhere
     to smash myself as many times as I need to
     until the world grasps the glinting gift
and breathes with me as I lay limp and expended again

2 comments:

  1. Your writing is extraordinary. Please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's hard to think of it as my doing. I will keep writing.

      Delete