09 February 2012

Ayria



Much of my music taste has remained the same, so I find myself searching for stuff I listened to a couple years ago. Most of these songs that I try to find I because I remember they were fun to listen to. A few songs however, somehow became a part of me. I will be reminded of them just as something captures my interest, or I will be thinking about how something is important to me and fragments of the songs lyrics will flutter down. Sometimes it is the entire song that reflects the unspeakable thing (is it a concept? A mood? A perspective? Something of each.) other times it is a few lines.

As I listen to this song again, it feels more flat than it did the last time, but I suspect it is because I have not devoted my attention to it. I have not felt the vibrations, absorbed the lyrics' subtext or let it flow through me. Still, when the final verse arrives, I know it still has the message (thought, concept, feeling) I remember so well. I feel it as it pulls and pushes me, making my being sway as in an ocean current.


Yes, yes it still retains it's power over me. I still am swept along, feeling how ravenous I am to confront the world around me. Every single time the final verse comes on, I lift my voice in accordance.



I will give a proper rendition for "Friends and Lovers" when I have the ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment