10 February 2012

The Greatest Speech Ever Made



Truly one of the greatest messages, one of the greatest moments in history, one of the greatest impacts you will ever experience...

And how did I learn about it?



A techno song that I thought was pretty good, and then I liked the lyrics. It began to work on me until I was feeling humanity's call to action shine through. Not long after I discovered the origin of the lyrics.

And now there are other versions - ones with more impact for the general public (now that the original has lost its original context and time period.) These are created by random citizens using their free time to orchestrate and improve on what came before.



And you know what? There is another version, one that touched me just as much.



And it makes me realize that video games will come to have incredible moments that will echo through the ages and change the world, bringing universal messages to the public in such a way that they will never forget that single moment. That second when something inside them shifted and they could see another shade of light in the world around them.

How wonderful that books, music, then movies, and soon games do this for us. I think each with their own method, but each with such capability to impact so strongly, and each with more or less ability to reach different kinds of people.

I am also reminded of SOPA and PIPA and how copyright has become pervasive and invasive to the point that it is threatening the ingenuity and desire to improve and share what other people have done.




These things exist because people want to share a vision, they want to create a message or spread a message or improve a message. They don't care about self benefit, they care about us. They care about the message and the audience and they want to do whatever they can to make us and this world of ours a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment